Our Mail Force Ukraine Appeal has raised an outstanding £10 million to help refugees from Ukraine since we launched our appeal a month ago.
With the support of The Mail on Sunday, Daily Mail and MailOnline, donations from their readers have made this the fastest newspaper backed fundraiser in world history.
These donations are being put to good use, to date Mail Force Charity has given:
- £1,000,000 to UNHCR to help refugees in Ukraine and neighbouring countries.
- £500,000 to CARE International, which with its partner People In Need, is helping mothers and children arriving in Slovakia.
- £250,000 to The Halo Trust to buy mine clearing equipment to clear mines, unexploded ordinance, and keep supply routes into Ukraine safe.
- £250,000 to AMAR to provide food and clothing to children with special needs in Ukraine, and ensure they are not neglected during the war.
- £500,000 to the Refugee Council to support Ukrainian refugees finding sanctuary in the UK.
- £338,497 to Refugees at Home to provide safe housing for Ukrainian refugees in the UK, and support for those hosting refugees in the UK.
- £500,000 to UNICEF which is helping families with water food and healthcare.
- £500,000 to the Red Cross which is providing medical assistance to those affected by the war in Ukraine.
Donations have been made in many forms, through bank transfer, by text, on Just Giving, and by mailing cheques. An estimated 79,000 cheques have been posted to the DMG Media finance office in Leicestershire – ranging in value from £1 to £250,000 – and many are still to be counted.
We would like to thank all donors to the Mail Force Ukraine Appeal for their generosity and will be providing more news about the good work your donations are doing.